Building the foundations of our families futures.
Building Blocks Family Centre provides a dedicated family support service i to families, children and young people living in poverty or who are a disadvantage living in the Neath Port Talbot area.
- To improve the quality of life of all children and families living in poverty or at a disadvantage in Neath Port Talbot.
- To improve the quality of children and young people and their families affected by disability
- To enable residents of Neath Port Talbot to access employment, volunteering and training by providing childcare.
- To provide a quality service that reflects identified needs of children, young people and families living in Neath Port Talbot.
- To promote and provide opportunities for families to improve their health and wellbeing.
During 1st April 2020 – 31st March 2021
1.We have supported 162 children with disabilities or additional needs to help improve their quality life through the development of social skills, speech, language and communication skills, confidence, self-esteem, independence skills.
- We have supported 212 parents to help improve their parenting skills and improve their quality of life to help give their children the best start in life.
- We have provided 41 children with free or subsidised childcare places to help build their early year’s development skills.
- We have supported 924 adults and 610 children gained access to our food bank provision supporting families living in food poverty across Neath Port Talbot.
- We have supported 276 parents to re-train to enable them to gain employment or retain their employment.